Here are some easy care instructions to help look after your Bellulu jewellery and keep it in great condition:
- Store your jewellery in a pouch or box.
- Clean gently with a soft cloth.
- It is best not to sleep, shower or exercise whilst wearing your jewellery.
- Avoid dropping your jewellery onto hard surfaces.
- Sprays and creams including soap, perfume, moisturiser and suncream can cause damage to some polymer pieces and metal components so it is best to remove your jewellery before using any of these products.
Polymer Clay Jewellery
Polymer clay is a durable material that won't shatter if dropped, unlike kiln-fired ceramic or porcelain. It bends before breaking! However, the surface can be easily scratched by harder materials such as metal. Be sure to store your earrings carefully away from other metal jewelry.
Gold or Silver Plated Metal Jewellery
Bellulu offers a selected pieces of 14ct and 18ct gold plated brass or stainless steel jewellery. We have found great suppliers who can offer good quality jewellery and plating, however, the plating might start to come off after some time. To prolong the life of our gold plated pieces, be sure to store earrings away from humidity to reduce tarnish.
All Bellulu earring posts are nickel free and hypoallergenic!